The Scottish Landfill Communities Fund (SLCF) is a tax credit scheme, linked to the Scottish Landfill Tax that encourages landfill site operators to provide contributions to Approved Bodies, who can then pass the funds on to qualifying community and environmental projects.
Third Sector Hebrides, which is based at 30 Francis Street, Stornoway is an approved body for the distribution of funding from the SLCF and has established a funding Committee to administer the funding process. Each year, the Funding Committee holds four funding rounds and at the close of each round, applications are assessed by the committee which then determines the awards to be made from the contributions made by landfill operators.
The fund can be used to support local projects that: -
- aid the reclamation, remediation, restoration, or other operation on land to facilitate economic, social, or environmental use
- are community-based recycling, re-use, and waste prevention projects
- aim to provide, maintain, or improve a public park or other public amenity
- conserve or promote biological diversity through the provision, conservation, restoration or enhancement of a natural habitat or the maintenance/recovery of a species in its natural habitat
- aim to maintain, repair, or restore a building, other structure or a site of archaeological interest which is a place of religious worship, or a site of historic or architectural or archaeological interest which is open to the public
The rounds close on the 30th March, 30 June, 30 September, and 30 December. Full details of the fund are available on SEPAs website: -
The local committee can be contacted by email at email@example.com
The application form and guidance notes are available for download below.