Third Sector Hebrides - About Us
Our vision is for inclusive, more prosperous, better educated, and healthier communities on the Island of Lewis in particular and across the Outer Hebrides in general.
Our aims are to:
- Support third sector organisations to be better managed and organised
- Provide services that support organisations and individuals to reach their potential
- Support third sector organisations to be more entrepreneurial
- Encourage individuals and third sector organisations to fully participate in civil society, both locally and nationally.
We work closely with the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR), the Scottish Government and the Scottish Council of Voluntary Organisations (SCVO) on matters of governance, good practice, and ensuring effective third sector service delivery.
Our advisors can provide face to face advice on a range of practical issues including:
- Governance and governing documents
- Project development
- Achieving charitable status
- Organisational health checks
- Funding sources
- Supporting volunteers
- PVG scheme requirements
- Dispute resolution
- Overcoming barriers to employment
Through Volunteering Hebrides and OHSEP we are Partners on the Third Sector Interface for the Western Isles.
The Third Sector Hebrides Board is made up of people drawn from the Third Sector Hebrides Membership who are the Trustees of the Charity. The Board sets out the strategic direction and vision of Third sector Hebrides and brings a wealth of knowledge and a broad skill base to the organisation. Directors are volunteers who receive no remuneration for their role.
We are always looking to recruit new directors with the skills and passion to help govern and lead Third Sector Hebrides.
For more information about Third Sector Hebrides or if you are interested in becoming a member and/or in joining the Board, please contact us.